Thursday, March 10, 2011

Basic Skin Care Regiment

There's a lot of articles online talking about the dos and don'ts in caring for your skin. So I'll just go over it briefly by sharing my own regiment which consist of  3 basic steps: 1.) Cleanse 2.) Tone and 3.) Moisturize. These are the products i'm currently using:

Clean
  • If I have makeup on, I use a gentle makeup remover first to wipe away the makeup then use WARM water and facial cleanser to wash my face using warm water helps loosen sebum and makeup from the face. 
  • Never use HOT water to wash your face. Hot water dries the skin and also causes the pores to enlarge thus increasing the chances of the dirt getting trap in the pores.
  • After washing I would splash some cold water unto my face to close down the pores.
Tone 
  •  I usually put my toner in an atomizer and use this to evenly spray the toner unto my face and then pat it dry with a cotton pad.
  • Toning your face removes traces of dirt left after washing, it also helps close the pores firms the skin and most importantly it restores the natural PH balance of our skin.
Moisturize
  • After cleaning and prepping my face I moisturize my skin with a pea size amount of moisturizer (believe me  this much is enough to cover my big face). gently massaging it into my skin using upward circular motion.
  • We need to moisturize our skin to ensure that our skin is hydrated. Moisturizing is also important even if you have oily skin, just be sure you're using the right kind of moisturizer.
  • Moisturizing the skin maintains the elasticity of the skin thus, minimizing the chances of premature wrinkles.
  • For day time be sure to use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 to shield your skin from harmful UV rays.
So those are my basic skin care regiment. The St. Ives face wash is a new product I'm testing, I'll probably make a review on it in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wondering if a cheap-o spray bottle from Target okay as an atomizer? Not sure what you mean by atomizer. Really helpful blog, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes any cheap spray bottle will do, as long as it's clean ;)

    ReplyDelete